ICT - FNK Implementation Lead (m/f)
MSF Field ICT Program was launched in January 2017. Its main purpose is to drive the design and the implementation of solutions for the ICT Infrastructure across all 5 Operational Centres .
The raison d’être of the ICT Field Network Kit (FNK) Implementation Lead:
- To support the development of a common Field Network Kit across the 5 operational OC’s
- To coordinate field site assessments and the preparation or FNK field implementation (pilots) in field locations across various OCs.
- To coordinates the team working on the evaluation of Field Connectivity Options (ADSL, VSAT, 2G/3G/4G, etc.) and related tests and pilots.
- To support the development of the MSF ICT Site Reference Database & monitoring system.
- To coordinate the team who develops comprehensive plans, policies, and training materials for MSF Field Staff related to the ICT support, and maintenance - FNK and new connectivity solutions.
Support the pilot implementations of the Field Network Kit across various OC’s
- Coordinates the team working on engineering and FNK hardware selection
- - Environment: Case, cabling, ventilation, dust filters
- - Components: Connectivity, Firewall, Switch, Server, Local Storage
- - Electrical: Power management (UPS, Power Filter, Solar Options)
- - Parts ordering, inventory control, kit assembly and supply chain management
- Testing and evaluation of pilot FNK in the field (various OCs)
MSF Mission and Project Connectivity across the 5 OC’s
- Responsible for the team who will provide specialist engineering services supporting WAN / Local WAN / LAN / WiFi implementation in the field based on agreed plans.
- Responsible for the team working with OC Field ICT leads and MSF Field Missions and Projects to conduct Cross OC Connectivity Site Assessments for WAN, and Local WAN bandwidth aggregation, traffic management, and failover systems.
- Define and agree detailed implementation planning (pilots) across various OC Field Missions and Projects with the OC ICT Field Leads.
Site Reference Database
- Support the development of the ICT Site Reference Database & monitoring
- Act as focal point for GIS and Logistics reference data
- Act as focal point for OC Field ICT Site reference data (OC Field Assessments)
- Lead and support common Cross OC requirements site for assessment tooling
- Conduct site assessment survey’s
- Coordinates the preparation and organisation of the ICT Kampala Training (Feb/March 2018) with all the OCs participating.
- Responsible for the team who will develop and deliver policies, processes, and procedures for MSF Field Connectivity Site Assessments, Planning, and Implementation.
- Field experience with MSF in different contexts, ideally with different Operational Centres
- Experience in IT & IS project management will be an asset
- Degree in Computer Engineering, or equivalent, will be an asset
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Proven team delivery skills
- Capacity and willingness to work across various MSF Operations Centres
- Proven planning and delivery skills within the MSF environment
- Ability to set priorities and organize the teams working in a stressful environment
- Result, quality, and service oriented
- Good oral and written communication in English, French is an asset.
- Initial 6 months contract - Full time - based in Brussels
- Hospital insurance (DKV) - pension plan - Subsidised canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
- Starting date: September 2017
Deadline for applications: 03/08/2017.
Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to be sent by e-mail to Recruit-HQ-DG@brussels.msf.org with “FICT” in the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted