ICT Infrastructure System Administrator (m/f)
Integrated within the headquarters ICT Infrastructure team, the ICT System Administrator participates in technical research, solution testing and implementation to enable continuing innovation within the ICT infrastructure. S/he support his colleagues in the administration, maintenance and support of the ICT infrastructure, including but not limited to network maintenance and troubleshooting, server administration, Windows domain administration, communication systems administration, storage administration, printing support, backup administration and network security administration. S/he also assists project teams and participates in projects that require IT infrastructure expertise. The Infrastructure team also provides 3rd level support to the Service Desk.
- You will share network administration, network maintenance, network development, support and documentation tasks
- You will manage network security, and continuously look for its improvement
- You will monitor the performance of our ICT network and systems
- You will contribute to server administration and maintenance
- You will assist in backup and restore administration
- You will be available for 3rd level support
- You will identify and implement new technologies in the various technical domains covered
- You will advise and support in the definition of strategies, projects, infrastructure design and operating procedures
We are looking for a forward thinking and enthusiastic candidate, inspired by MSF social mission, and eager to leverage digital technologies for enhancing humanitarian action.
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Initial experience of at least 3 years in network administration and support, or ICT infrastructure project implementation.
- Experience with MSF or other NGO’s in similar contexts is an advantage.
- Languages: good command of English, French is an asset
- You are a team player, autonomous, passionate by technology and like to address complex technical challenges
- You are able to adapt to new technologies, eager to learn and a strong troubleshooter.
- You are ready to be flexible to implement changes while reducing the impact on the activity of our users. Working occasionally off office hours is not an issue.
- You are humble and you want to keep learning. You are open to share your ideas, knowledge and experience.
- You have at least one vendor certification for Microsoft server administration, CISCO networking, Citrix systems, security administration (Fortigate, Juniper, …)
- You are familiar with network troubleshooting and monitoring tools, and love networks protocols, QoS optimization and performance monitoring
- You have experience with server and application virtualization.
- Experience with O365 & Azure administration is a strong asset
- You are familiar with Active Directory / Azure AD administration
- Experience with database administration is an asset (PotsgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MySQL, …)
- Open ended contract - Full time - based in Brussels
- Hospital insurance (DKV) - pension plan - Subsidised canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
- Starting date: as soon as possible
Deadline for applications: This posting will remain open until we find the right candidate.
Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to be sent by e-mail to Recruit-HQ-DG@brussels.msf.org with “ICT Infrastructure” in the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted