Supply Chain Director (m/f)
The Supply Unit of the OCB (Operational Center Brussels) covers the entire supply chain management at international and local levels of the operations of MSF Belgium.
Driven by MSF’s goals, the OCB Supply chain’s mission is to enable humanitarian action and provide reliable supply chain solutions. It comprises several sites, in each mission on the field (projects and capital), with MSF Supply its European Supply Center in Brussels, and the Kenya Supply Unit (KSU) its regional hub. The Supply Chain Department defines the global strategy of this supply chain, pilots its performance, and ensures that each site has the relevant support for its development.
The Department consists of 27 staff organized in 3 main poles. Currently: a Front Office team with the Supply Chain Officers in the operational cells, the Supply Technical Support and Innovation team, and the Procurement team. MSF Supply, represents a turnover of around 60 million euros with 115 FTEs. On the field, there are around 350 people in the missions and at Kenya Supply Unit (KSU) working in the Supply Chain (expatriates and national staff).
The Supply Chain Director has direct managerial responsibility for the Supply Chain Department, as well as the MSF Supply and KSU sites, and functional management of the field teams, through the Supply Chain Officers in the cells.
The Supply Chain Director reports to the OCB Deputy General Director, and his/her key responsibilities include:
- Leading the definition of the medium and long term vision and strategic objectives of the OCB Supply Chain, to ensure the OCB Supply Chain fulfills its mission for the Operations, through a participative process.
- Accountability for the Supply Chain policies across the whole scope and sites;
- Building a coherent framework to favor collaboration and empowerment, whilst strengthening cohesion within the supply chain community and guaranteeing MSF values;
- Monitoring progress towards achieving the strategic objectives and take the relevant decisions for ensuring adequate contribution of all sites;
- Ensuring the adequacy of resources and support for the teams to perform their objectives, contributing to the overall vision implementation/strategy execution;
- Ensuring the coaching, the supervision, the evaluation of his/her teams as well as ensuring team adhesion;
- As Executive Director of MSF Supply and MSF Supply Board member, represents the MSF Supply board in the follow up of the structure and its management team, with line management of the general manager and overall legal, financial and HR accountability for the entity;
- Line management of the General Manager of the KSU site in Nairobi, and chairman of its Stewardship Committee (intersectional platform to define KSU’s strategy and steer its performance);
- Participating in the debates and the definition of the OCB operational and organisational strategies as member of the OCB Committee of Directors;
- Contributing to the intersectional platform with the other Supply Directors of the other Operational Centers and European Supply Centers;
- Being the ambassador of our Supply Chain within and outside the MSF movement, to develop understanding of our strategy and develop our network.
- MSF experience essential,
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in supply chain management, including 3 years in coordination / management position.
- Comprehension of the integrated supply chain model
- Capacity of building and maintaining a relational network at all levels
- Operational MSF field experience is an advantage
- Fluent French and English, spoken and written, Dutch is an asset
- Excellent communication and diplomatic faculties
The ideal candidate demonstrates
- Loyalty and engagement
- Strategic vision (as part of medicalized operations)
- Flexibility in working hours and to travel abroad
- Initiative and creativity
- Minimal commitment of 4 years in the position
- Open ended contract - Moral engagement of 4 years
- Full time - based in Brussels (Ixelles) with frequent travels abroad
- Hospital insurance (DKV) - pension plan - canteen at democratic price - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
- Starting date: immediate.
Deadline for applications: 07/08/2017.
Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to be sent by e-mail to Recruit-HQ-DG@brussels.msf.org with “Supply Chain Director” in the subject.